1972 Morgan Out Island 41ft Ketch Sailboat
Model 413 Centre Cockpit Walk-Over model, Hull #56
One of the most popular production boats of this size ever built. Nearly half went directly to the charter
This design underwent numerous modification during it’s production life so dimensions, interior layouts and
other details vary widely.
This particular MOI41 has been almost completely rebuilt over 15 years and is well equipped for extended cruising.
LOA: 41.25 ft
LWL: 34 ft
Draft: 4.17 ft
Air Draft: 53.5 ft
Beam: 13.82 ft
Displacement: 27,000 lbs
Port of Registry: Toronto, Ontario
Model & Hull #413056
Built: St Petersburg, FL
Canadian Commercial Small Vessel Registry: C31152ON (exp 06/2026)
Gross Tonnage: 11 (Simplified)
ADDITIONAL PHOTO’S HERE:
– Engine: 1979 Perkins 4.236 85HP (Fully Rebuilt Top & Bottom 2012) Approx. 400hrs on rebuild.
– Full engine service & maintenance log since rebuild.
– Transmission: Paragon Gears P33L (2.0:1) (Rebuilt 2012)
– Starter/Solenoid: AC Delco 28MT (new 2019)
– Heat Exchanger: NA001405CN (new 2017)
– Fuel Pump: CAV Rotation DPA (seals replaced 2019)
– Fresh/coolant Water Pump: 3771163A/3 (new 2019)
– Fuel Filter: Primary: WIX 33194 10 micron, Secondary: RACOR R12S 2 micron
– Drive shaft cutlass bearing, packing, midshaft bearing, and engine split coupling (replaced 2020).
– 3 Blade 18LH18 propellor re-honed 2021.
– Fresh water storage: 400 Litres
– Diesel Tank: 92 Litres
– Mast Heights: Main=663”/55.25’ (from step to top of tri/anchor light) / 53.5’ air draught, Mizzen=463”/38.58’ (from step to top of triatic bracket).
– Sails: Lee Sails 120% Genoa, 2 reef Main, 1 reef Mizzen (New 2012)
– 2 Head’s: Fwd is electric macerator, aft is manual pump.
– All low profile aluminum hatches & portholes with rollup blinds (new 2012)
– All Deckhardware/blocks: Garhauer high strength stainless steel Overspec’d (New 2015)
– Ground Tackle: 2017 new galvanized 55# Mantus on 150ft ⅜” HT G4 chain and 300ft ⅝” rode, 45# CQR on 15ft ⅜” chain and 300ft of ⅜” rode, Lofrans Royal manual windlass gypsy and drum
– Batteries: 7x Group31 AGM 110Ah (New 2016)
– Solar: 2x 255w panels (total 510w) with 40A MPPT Controller & Remote display
– NovaKool 12vdc fridge – Model R4509 (New 2015)
– NovaKool 12vdc freezer – Model F3803 (New 2015)
– Dinghy davits (new 2019)
– 2x Bilge Pumps with Auto Bilge Pump Alarm Switch with high water alarm.
– All LED lighting throughout mast (360 Anchor, Tri-Color Masthead, Steam, FWD Deck, RGB on all 4 Spreaders), deck (cockpit floor, RGB bimini cockpit, fwd/aft nav), cabin, and engine room.
– All required commercial safety equipment
– Rudder shoe, shaft packing completely rebuilt/modified to stronger assembly in 2021.
– Wood toerail removed and replaced with aluminum 2018
– Hull/deck joint resealed & fibreglassed
– Rubrail replaced 2018
– All through-hull/seacocks replaced to bronze ball valves 2017
– Custom fabricated hard bimini w/raincatcher divert to tank (new 2017)
– Custom fabricated hard dodger (New 2017)
– New engine room sound insulation installed 2022
– Fully re-wired electrical, clean & organized distribution by certified low voltage electrician
– New plumbing with distribution manifold and individual ball valve shutoffs
– All lifelines and stanchions replaced and raised to 30″
– New custom fabricated pushpit 2019
– New custom fabricated 3 fold stern ladder with flat steps 2019
– Re-cored port & starboard lower deck from midship to aft. Re-inforced all main deck cleats & anchor windlass with solid GRP through deck.
heets & halyards)
All new electronics 2015, fully integrated/networked
– Raymarine e95 MFD
– Raymarine MRK-9 Remote with secondary station at Nav Table
– Raymarine CP370 depth sounder/fish finder
– Raymarine HS5 network hub
– Raymarine RD418HD High definition digital 18″ enclosed array radar
– Raymarine Evolution Autopilot (EV2, ECU-400, P70, Type 2 Rotary Drive)
– i-Com IC-M506 VHF Radio w/AIS Reciever, w/HM195 Command Mic IV in cockpit and hailer horn on mast
– Maretron WSO100 ultrasonic weather station (Wind speed, direction, humidity, temperature)
– 3x 4megapixel IP cameras (top of mast, cockpit, engine room), displayed on MFD
– 3000w Inverter on AC Selector switch (Shore, Inverter, Generator)
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO KNOW:
– Aft cabin currently garage/workshop, but ready to have finished carpentry added
– Lots of essential and expensive spare parts (high output alternator, spare starter, engine gasket kit, pressure water pump)
– Additional hardware already purchased and ready for install (inner jib track & cars, rudder reference, all new sheets & halyards
– Full and complete documentation & photo’s of all repairs/upgrades
– Full service & maintenance log
Also have a 10ft Achilles Hypalon inflatable dinghy and 6hp Tohatsu motor if interested. Email nautilifemarine@gmail dot com for details